Subject:
Building Party at Scott Sanburn's House - Saturday, June 8th, 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:52:37 GMT

To All,

I invited any and all to come to my house last Saturday for help on the
train station and the module floor I have been working on, and we all had a
great time.

Attendees:

Anthony Hedglen
Rick Hallman
Steve (3) Weiser
Stefan Garcias
Jason Spears

Brickshelf Gallery:

It started shortly before 9:30AM Indiana time, when Tony and Rick arrived.
Lynn was still home, but was OK with that. : ) I had some major things I
wanted to get done, mainly get the modules done, get the switches done, and
start transferring the train station on a brick foundation, so it will match
the rest of the modules.

Rick and Tony started on the modules, while I finished a part of the train
shed area, and Steve Weiser arrived. We started on the sorting process,
since we were running out of bricks, and I had 27 3033's sitting around.
Rick and Steve worked on that, while Tony worked on switches and I worked on
more modules.

Jason Spears came as well, and helped redo the ramp and help finish one end
of the train shed area. We got some pizza and a good chow down. Stefan
Garcias also came, his aunt lives about a mile from my house, which is a
kicker, and he showed off some of his great creations:

Here is his crane:

Here is his work area train creation (Forgot the name again!)

After lunch, we watched the video Kai kindly made for me, and everyone
thought it was great, I think we will need to do this for the next show,
with some other things as well.

We got back to work, here is Tony and Jason, Tony is working on the switch
on the entrance from the main lines into the train yard:

Here is the canopy, which I started working on a little this week, it is
still in pieces from the Novi show in January. : /

We worked on through the afternoon, Jason left sometime, and we got ready to
start working on the station itself. Rick and Stefan got some guidance for
me, as we used some Duplo elements to save some bricks, and built a pretty
solid foundation for the station. We got one done, put it near the other
side of the layout, and started the other foundation.

Tony was working on the station, when gravity took over and WHAM!!!

It is not too bad, since we needed to fix a great deal on that end anyway.

Here is a shot of the rest of the train yard.

Here is Rick, Stefan, and Steve working on the second foundation:

Here is Steve and Rick trying to figure out how we built this darn thing!

Everyone left by 9:30, and it was a blast, a big thanks goes from me to
everyone who helped, I do appreciate it. I hope that everyone else had fun too.

A few notes regarding the train station & this project in general:

I made this mostly for passenger trains, so I encourage anyone who has them
to be sure to bring them to the show. Also, after talking to Steve (2) we
are going to go ahead and redo the entrance to the train yard and the train
station so that 8 wides should be able to come up to my yard.

I think we should be able to get this done by the show. I hope!

LMKWYT!

Scott S.