Re: One year anniversary coming up quick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:21:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Rick Hallman writes:
Almost one year ago, a handful of people got together for a small meeting in
a wee little town called DeWitt. That was on October 21, 2000. In about a
month and a half we will be reaching that point again, and a one-year
anniversary for MichLUG (which was 'formalized' at that meeting) will have
happened. Who is interested in a party on October 20 or 21 (later in day)? I
would be willing to locate a spot in a wee town called DeWitt again if 5+
are interested... My minister (not the same one a year ago :-,) would be
excited to have a bunch of Lego fans at his Church :-), (He named the Sword
of the Spirit). I was thinking of having this idea since October is coming
up fast and SEALUG just ahd theirs...

P.S... Larry, if you have objections to partying in a church, we can
consider meeting someplace else in the mid-michigan area, since that is
central to everyone. But please be considerate to the say of others. If you
get out-voted :-, suck it up and deal with it[1].

Rick

[1] "Suck it up and deal with it." 1999-2000 Dewitt High School Marching
Band motto. Used in reference to complaining Freshman (Plebes).

The 20th is a great time! My fundraiser is on the weekend of November 9th
10th and 11th. I wanted to schedule another meeting for that event. I can
make it on the 20th and I’ll have details on the room size and what we can
do. I’m thinking we can try out the dropped table idea. Sorry I didn’t bring
it up this past weekend but I found out some new info yesterday. The 20th
sounds good to me, I’ll be there.