Subject:
Layout roads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 20:14:54 GMT

Hello, LUCNY,

I was poking around Brickshelf and came across this image in a recent show
folder of yours:

I am currently in the process of setting up a town layout in my apartment and am
trying to decide whether to use road plates or to use (what I assume to be) 2xN
bricks on their sides for streets, as I think you've done here.

Before I commit the $$ to either, I was wondering if one of you might be able to
provide me with some insight and/or your experiences with the 'bricks on side'
approach.

I am thinking I am not thrilled about working within the limitations of road
plates and would like my train track inset into the 'ground' rather than laying
it over the road plates.

My planned layout is 8' x 16' so either way it is going to be a substantial
financial commitment for me. I want to do as much research as I can before I
make a decision.

Any thoughts or insight is much appreciated.

thanks,
Jonathan