Re: This is early, I know, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:08:07 GMT

Ed McGlynn uttered:

Good point, John!
It would help to keep the ball rolling if new members are drummed up. • While
we're probably OK with planning things as we go on the spur of the moment,
newbies may not harken to that idea.

Yes, I think the GATS show will count as our January meeting.  Let's • pressure
Kevin to use his church hall again in February - they may have dug out of • their
recent 4' of snow by then...
:^)

I, for one, am quite busy in February already, with timeslots filling fast • on
the last two weekends, but let's give it a go anyway, of course.

You mean I gotta come up with a whole batch of new creations in just one
month!!! <grin>

Okay, I guess we can do that.  I will see what I can do this week about
scheduling the church hall for a saturday.  We can shoot for the beginning
of March.  That should give us enough time to recover from GATS.  My home is
also available for a meeting, but there is limited space for people in my
Lego warehouse :)

Kevin's latest GATS update:

-- Have cleaned out my car.
-- Have to fill my backpack with items such as duct tape, supplies for
makeshift signs, other useful stuff, bottled water and snacks.
-- Expect to begin packing up completed models very soon.
-- Still have to complete the Tunnel/Dam/Mountain project, make
modifications to Spatula City, build a 1950's retro service station (to fit
with John's A& W restaurant), and finish off a few little houses.
-- Want to build a little Green steam locomotive for Ed's BrickWorx cars and
maybe some other cute rolling stock if I have parts and time.
-- Need to slighty modify my 2 Brown My-Own-Train steam engines so that the
weight bricks are hidden better.
-- Need to assemble minifigs, minifig tools, trees, flowers, fences, some
random extra pieces like plates and tiles, etc.
-- Decide which of my Lego vehicles will be staying home (I don't think we
will have need for 100+ vehicles)

Miscellany:

-- Nate will be bringing his Super Chief with the Silver coaches; my Super
Chief loco and custom cars will be staying home.
-- I will NOT be bringing a small tool kit.  I will leave that up to someone
else.  Ed -- can you provide this??
-- Crowd Control:  I have NOT given this any thought at all.  Ed--do you
have any ideas?
-- We have not heard from Peter Jarvis or John Barnes on if they can
participate so I will try to contact them.
-- My latest emails to Dave Amos' personal email bounced (account full was
the reason) and have not heard from him.  I will  try to contact via his
Cornell email address and telephone.  Dunno if he will be able to get to the
show at all (I have forgotten what he told us way back when...)

That is all for now, I think.

__Kevin Salm__
LUCNY