 Organizations / United States / L.U.C.N.Y. / * (-5)
Re: GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:17:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:
I was in the Carosel Mall today and Came across a Small LEGO Store Selling
LEGOS. Apparently they are working together with one of the bookstores. I was
told depending on HOW GOOD things work out and sales they might go for a FULL
FLEDGED STORE!!!! I mentioned LUCNY and told them who I was and mentioned a
LAYOUT. While I expected a little more support Im sure if I talk to the Manager
who wasn't there it would be good....  If we can come up with something I think
we can get more support in the near future!!!

If you get some Time go to the mall and make a Ruckus about the Lego Place. Im
not going to say its any better then Toys R Us but at least we got something to
start with. The two woman there were suprised to know that there was a Lego
Users Group in CNY. This might be a good thing. The thing we have all been
waiting for!

its in the basement floor next to the UP escalators! across from finishline!

ENJOY!!
Wayne

...I'll have to check it out and introduce myself as well, so they know
you're not totally whacked, Wayne!  Grown people playing with LEGO bricks,
indeed - and the buggers have formed a user group?!

That's a pretty good location, I guess.  I've talked to the manager of the
Dawsonville, GA LEGO store there, where they too set up a test run store in
a mall, and have kept it going for a couple of years now.  They had good
visibility in the mall, and they seem to boom around the holidays, of
course.  Nice that we have one locally to support.

Ed

Just to close the loop and dust off an ancient thread...
LUCNY's building the Brand Ribbon and initial retail sets for the launch of the
LEGO Retail store in Eastview Mall, Victor, NY, scheduled for April 6th!

Ed

Subject:
Bump
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:44:44 GMT

Just dusting things off.
Hello LUCNY!

Ed

Subject:
Spare Room tm - an extra room for your moonbase visitors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:49:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I thought I'd give you all someting to look at while I finish the images for the
moonbase. This was inspired by the MOC of a trailer park "dorm room" I found on
Brickshelf. I just expanded it out a bit. I wonder if this is the smallest
module out there?
-----
Is your mother-in-law coming to your moonbase home for a visit? Are you out of
space for her?
Is your child visiting this weekend from the moonbase university? Have you
turned their room into a sewing room?
Or... are you just down and out and need a place to stay for the night?

Well we have the solution for you! The Spare Room tm!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/drumm-family/Space/Moonbase/spareroom/spareroom.jpg

The Spare Room has everything needed for temporary shelter.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/drumm-family/Space/Moonbase/spareroom/spareroomtop01.jpg
A bed, a chair, small storage, a fold down table, and even an emergency
transporter.

The Spare Room's unique locking, sliding doors feature polarized windows for
privacy.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/drumm-family/Space/Moonbase/spareroom/spareroomdoor.jpg

The Spare Room has several emergency saftey features.
The roof of the Spare Room has built into it:

*a single power supply capable of keeping all the other systems running at once
for 72 hours. Effective power management will extend this duration.
*a refillable oxgagen supply with a duration of 72 hours on its own.
* an air scrubbing unit that can strech out the life of the O2 supply to 4 days.
*an emergency beacon along with short and medium range antennas.
*and a small heating unit that will keep the Spare Room warm (75 degrees) for 72
hours. Lowering the heat will extend the units lifespan.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/drumm-family/Space/Moonbase/spareroom/spareroomroof01.jpg
All controls can be accessed inside by a computer in the roof of the Spare Room.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/drumm-family/Space/Moonbase/spareroom/spareroomroof02.jpg
-----
Folder when moderated http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=165261

Thank you

Nicole Drumm MS

Subject:
Bug Build followup (was Re: Keynote presentation)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:58:56 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
So how do we follow that?

Next year is the 50th anniversary of the system of play.

In the spirit of this... there are new initiatives coming.... working together
with fans to do cool things!

- Bug Build
- SEE Science Center Project
- Road Show 2005
- Commercial Fan Projects
- NDA projects

Showed some pics of the Bug Build.. a master builder level building project that
involved 3 clubs. Enfield has a charity relationship with the Connecticut
Childrens Hospital, which is rebuilding some of their facility. Enfield is
donating some display cabinets, which will have bugs in them (just like kids
collect real bugs)... LEGO bugs! So Enfield brought NYCLUG, GardenSLUG and NELUG

(*ahem* and LUCNY too...)

in to build. Neat models, a trip to the company store, everyone goes home happy.

It shows progress... the PR group came to Jake and asked "we want to work with
fans, what would they want in return" and everyone went home happy! The adult
fans now look wonderful in front of the company!!! Everyone's happy. Thanks!

*snip*

As a followup to the Bug Build, there was this related press release today, an
excerpt from
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20051202005436&newsLang=en
follows:

"Connecticut Children's Medical Center together with LEGO Systems, officially
opened the newly renovated waiting area in the Charter Oak Health Center at CCMC
Thursday night. The renovation is the result of Project Play Well, which raised
awareness and funds exceeding $85,000 for the hospital project.

The Charter Oak Health Center at CCMC is the largest pediatric primary care
center of its kind between New York and Boston with more that 30,000 patient
visits annually. The waiting area now has a colourful rainforest theme - LEGO
style. Complete with brightly colored LEGO murals and playtables, unique LEGO
creations of insects and butterflies, new carpeting and furniture, the waiting
area now makes a visit to the doctor a creatively educational adventure."

Full text available from the link above.

It's great to see this project come to a conclusion, and I was happy to be a
part of it.  I'm sure I speak for all the builders in attendance at Enfield back
in the summer of 2004.

For pics of some of the creations from that day, see:

So, Jake, when's the next build event we can help with?!

Ed

Subject:
LUCNY to show at the New York State Fairgrounds 11/5, 11/6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:39:31 GMT

LUCNY will be in attendance this weekend at the Central New York chapter of the National Historical Railroad Society’s 31st Annual Train Fair at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, New York.

This venue contains 150,000 square feet (!) of operating layouts, vendors, exhibits, train activities and memorabilia spread across the two largest buildings at the Fairgrounds; the Center of Progress building, and the Horticulture building. It’s hard to see it all in one day!

These two permanent fair buildings are converted into a huge model train show event each year, of which LUCNY is proud to be a part of. This year’s display features a layout area of approximately 16’ x 20’.

You are all cordially invited to stop by and visit our dynamic layout. AFOLs and visiting club members are welcome to bring models to run on our three concentric full-run track lines, or share other MOCs and talk shop, of course. We have a lot of fun at this show, and look forward to larger crowds every year. We always have tons of track and yard space to show off our ever-expanding engine and wagon collection. Come see LEGO creativity, automation, and building techniques in action!

The show is scheduled for Saturday, November 5th from 10a - 6p, and Sunday, November 6th from 10a - 5p.

Admission:

Adult one day $6, Adult two days $10

Child(14&under)&Seniors $4

Parking is free.