 Organizations / United States / LRGOAA / 58
Re: Picking a time & place
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 01:42:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, Jason Spears wrote:
   Ok, so we sorta came to a conclusion that having a meeting could be interesting. Now we need to figure out a date and location that works for both clubs.

Date - I haven’t polled the MichLUG members, so people are going to have express themselves here, but some dates that I guessed might work are listed below. While I have listed dates on Saturdays, it is possible that a Sunday would work as well.

May 1st
May 29th
June 5th
June 12th

Location - I’m not sure that we would be able to find seating at a coffe shop, but there may be other options in the general Ann Arbor area. (I think that something nearish to Ann Arbor might work as a location, as we have lots of members on that side of the state.)

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions?

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG

Probably any dates are good with me.

Presumably Spencer’s might work .. but I can’t volunteer someone else’s house.

I have an RCX 2.0 and I am interested in (safely?) hacking in a dc supply connector. Not sure this is something that might be discussed, at least the how-tos... as presumably the robots are mostly mobile? perhaps I presume too much. My interests are relatively diverse within lego and beyond and I just don’t seem to have the time to devote to mindstorms. Eventually I will do more, but it is geared towards train layout automation. Not just train operation themselves, but other accesories and possibly some accessories triggered by... the audience? Just thinking out loud. I am curious about use of home brew sensors like the reed switches and use of LED lighting features I know there are web resources, books and so forth, but sometimes this stuff if much more inspirational to see live or discuss with someone that has done it.

Ken