 Organizations / United States / Legotics / *9 (-5)
Re: Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:06:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
<snip>

<snip again>

OK, it's official:  http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=2090

I have Bryan, Soren and myself contributing models for the display. From the
experience that Soren and I had this weekend at the Boulder Public Library,
I can honestly say that we can use a whole lot more (MOCs, baseplates &
buildings/backdrops) for a display of this size. There will be plenty of
room. The tent is a 10' x 12' hexogonal as shown here:
http://www.tentnology.com/pdf/marqspecs.pdf

Just trying to keep this fresh in everyone's mind. I would love for this to
become an annual event.

-Duane

Re: Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 19:57:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
<snip>

OK, here's a follow-up to the previous post. The Lego Road Show 2003 will be
coming to town (Denver, exact location TBD) in early August.

<snip again>

OK. FYI it looks like the schedule just slipped by a week to the weekend of
August 16th.

-Duane

Re: Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:44:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
<snip>

OK, here's a follow-up to the previous post. The Lego Road Show 2003 will be
coming to town (Denver, exact location TBD) in early August. To make this
event different from other tours that TLC has done, we (Denver FOLs) have
been asked to show off some of our creations. The thought is that if we can
show the public the cool things that we have built with our collections, it
will leave a longer lasting impression with the public than a show that is
entirely company sponsored. I feel that this is an awesome opportunity to
create a synergistic relationship between fans of the brick and TLC. It
generates interest in the Lego Brand as well as the fan community. After
all, who doesn't love to talk about their hobby? Why not do what you love
and build a relationship with the company that makes it all possible while
you're at it?

I would like to get a feel for the interest level so that we can start a
preliminary display layout. If you are interested in actively participating
or just contributing MOCs please drop me a line.

-Duane

Subject:
Competition Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:01:28 GMT

For those that are into robotics and such, I thought this would make an
interesting sort of competition. Not really my sort of thing brickwise, but
fascinating none-the-less.

http://www.pbs.org/saf/1208/segments/1208-3.htm

-Duane

PS. Why is this group so..... empty?

Subject:
When was your LUG/LTC/MUG formed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.msltc, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.carlug, lugnet.org.us.cmlug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.hrmug, lugnet.org.us.legotics, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 01:06:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi!

This is a periodic "call for information" regarding the dates of formation
of all LUGs, LTCs, MUGs, etc., around the world.  I've been maintaining a
comprehensive list for the past couple of years...

   http://news.lugnet.com/org/dates

which I'm thinking of putting into a database format, and I'd to get all
of the ?'s resolved into solid dates.  If you are a founding member of any
of the following groups/clubs listed below, please take a few moments to
check your records against the date shown.  Also, if your group/club is not
listed on the page shown above, please let me know!

Thanks!!!

--Todd

YYYY/MM/DD

1997/10/??   PNLTC: Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
1999/07/16?  NOVALTC: Northern Virginia LEGO Train Club - now WAMALUG (U.S.A.)
1999/02/28?  VicLUG: Victoria LEGO Users Group (Canada)
1999/09/03?  GMLUG: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
1999/09/04?  TexLUG: Texas LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
1999/09/30?  WAFOL: Wasatch Area Fans of LEGO (U.S.A.)
1999/10/31?  LEGO-MUG: LEGO MINDSTORMS Users Group (Japan)
1999/11/15?  WAMALUG: Washington (D.C.) Metro Area LEGO Users Group - formerly
             NOVALTC (U.S.A.)
1999/11/28?  UKLUG: United Kingdom LEGO Users Group (U.K.)
1999/12/02?  LegOz (Australia)
2000/01/12?  CMLUG: Central Midwest LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2000/02/06?  Studs (Australia)
2000/02/18?  LUGOLA: LEGO Users Group of Los Angeles (U.S.A.)
2000/02/22?  VLC: Vancouver LEGO Club (Canada)
2000/04/30?  EJLTC: East Japan LEGO Train Club (Japan)
2000/05/28?  SeaLUG: Seattle Area LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2000/07/07?  GardenSLUG: Garden State LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
????/??/??   SCLTC: Southern California LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
2002/01/??   MSLTC: Mid-South LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
2002/??/??   Legotics (U.S.A.)
2002/??/??   HRMUG: Hampton Roads Mindstorms Users Group (U.S.A.)
200?/??/??   CARLUG: Central Arkansas LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2002/10/16?  The Brickish Association (U.K.)

[End list of groups with missing information]

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact