Re: third generation rock crawler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:01:33 GMT

At 02:36 PM 1/8/07, Brian Davis wrote:
Yeah, I can see that. In answer to Steve's post about mine, well... now that
I've licked the LUGNET issue, maybe actual build-time is next :-).
I'm thinking
about variable geometry and unsprung suspension.

For review, where's the limitations list? Are we at one NXT kit for
the vehicle,
plus any other non-electronic parts? I'm thinking specificly about
if there's a
three motor limit or not.

At this point, there really aren't limits on LEGO parts.  Bryan
hasn't posted (publicly) about his robot, but I think he's using the
controller from the RC buggy for his, along with four motors.

Both John and I have robots that look very much alike, but
functionally are quite different.  They both use NXTs, and the large
wheels.  I'm told Greg and Andrew are working on something using
their NXTs.  No details.

We talked about a 48x48 size limit, but that's starting to seem
bigger than we need.  It seems like we could place the "cones" close
to 32 studs apart, and have an interesting path to navigate.  I need
to make sure Bryan's robot will work with that size.

We need to start-up with monthly meetings, again.  The next would be Jan 21st.

Steve