Re: Rock Crawler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:11:32 GMT

At 09:16 AM 12/22/06, John Brost wrote:

Before I disassemble this, I'm posting it hoping that it might
inspire others to
build their own rock crawlers.
So why am I disassembling it?  Well as soon as I powered this up and went
forward, this happened...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JBrost/RockCrawl/100_0570.jpg

That's right, snapped the u-joints in the driveshafts like they were
toothpicks.
I really like the 4-link suspension, but it requires the use of
u-joints in the
driveshafts, so I don't think I'll be able to keep the 4-link.  But it looks
really cool!

As usual, very cool.   I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

This week, I expect to get together with Bryan to work on our Gamma
Rex (3xNXT Walking robot), but on Saturday (Dec 30) we're all getting
together for Rock Crawling.  I hope.

Steve