 Organizations / United States / LafLRC / * (-5)
Re: Indiana Jones sets leaked?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.licensed, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 19:33:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.licensed, Tim David wrote:

Do we need a lugnet.licensed.indiana ?

No. Indiana is a very powerful state in terms of LEGO use, but we're not (yet!)
powerful enough to license our state name. Thanks for asking!

--
Brian Davis

Subject:
LafLRC meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:00:56 GMT

Coming up is the third Sunday of July.  So, this Sunday is the
regular LafLRC meeting at 3:00, at the regular place.

See you there.

Steve

Subject:
Meeting, Sunday 3:00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 12:50:35 GMT

This Sunday we're going to test out Indy 5.00 or other robots for Brickworld.

And, did anyone catch that story on channel 8 on Thursday night:
http://www.wishtv.com/Global/category.asp?C=1785

See you Sunday, at the normal place, at 3:00
Steve

Subject:
Noooo! Broken LEGO pieces!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 14:30:44 GMT

This rock crawling stuff is getting to be a little rough on LEGO pieces.  First
there were broken u-joints from my 4wd steering truck

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JBrost/BrokenLEGO/100_0570.jpg

Now there are deformed friction pins from my latest creation

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JBrost/BrokenLEGO/100_1497.jpg

The bent pins were a result of an end-over-end flip off a 45 deg slope.
Normally that wouldn't have been a problem, but I foolishly tried to catch it
mid-flip.  Too much stress on the pins and they deformed and went shooting out
of the rock crawler.

But this is too much fun, I'm not letting a little thing like broken LEGO pieces
stop me!

John

Subject:
Indy 5.00 @ Brickworld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 13:39:49 GMT

Usually, in May we run our Indy 5.00 event, but this year we're going to push
the date back a few weeks, and run it AFTER the "real" Indy 500.

This year, Indy 5.00 is going to be one of the Mindstorms Challenges at
Brickworld (http://www.brickworld.us)

The final rules will be posted soon, but I believe they will be basicly the same
as in past years...

http://cobweb.ecn.purdue.edu/~andy/LAFLRC/Indy5.00_Rules.pdf

I'm working on a new source for mats, so people may be able to purchase pratice
mats.

But now, start designing...

Steve

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact