 Organizations / United States / GMLUG / *126 (-20)
Re: Lafayette (Indiana) Area Lego Robotics Club.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 01:57:31 GMT

Steve,

This is great news, but do you need to post like this? Why not just cross
post in one shot. (i.e. copy and paste the names into the Newsgroups space)
Then again I could not fit all the newsgroups you posted to into the space?

See Ya...
Robin W
Lugnet #408

In lugnet.loc.us.in, Steve Hassenplug writes:
We're proud to announce the formation of the Lafayette Area Lego Robotics
Club in Lafayette, Indiana.

The Lafayette Area LEGO Robotics Club is a group of people who meet once a
month to discuss and build Lego robots and related subjects.

We hope to become a respected part of the Lego community by presenting and
accepting all types of robotic challenges. Recently, our club attended a
Lego sumo contest, taking nine robots and making a very respectable showing.

To find out more, check our web site:
http://users.nlci.com/imagination/mindstorm/

Feel free to add this link to your links page.

Or Join our Yahoo mailing list:
http://users.nlci.com/imagination/mindstorm/contact.html

Steve Hassenplug
SteveH@Mailcode.com

Subject:
Lafayette (Indiana) Area Lego Robotics Club.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:46:33 GMT

We're proud to announce the formation of the Lafayette Area Lego Robotics
Club in Lafayette, Indiana.

The Lafayette Area LEGO Robotics Club is a group of people who meet once a
month to discuss and build Lego robots and related subjects.

We hope to become a respected part of the Lego community by presenting and
accepting all types of robotic challenges. Recently, our club attended a
Lego sumo contest, taking nine robots and making a very respectable showing.

To find out more, check our web site:
http://users.nlci.com/imagination/mindstorm/

Feel free to add this link to your links page.

Or Join our Yahoo mailing list:
http://users.nlci.com/imagination/mindstorm/contact.html

Steve Hassenplug
SteveH@Mailcode.com
..

Subject:
I would like to join your club.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 06:11:44 GMT

GMLUG:

I would like to join your group. I currently live in La Crosse, Wisconsin. I
plan on moving to Minneapolis, Minnesota during the summer. I have created a
website of Lego creations. So far people like my website since I organize by
creations instead of themes. Let me know if I can join.

Website: http://legolinks.tripod.com

Note: The e-mail on your official website does not work.

Sincerely,

Todd A. Schroeder

Re: Anybody alive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:32:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, Keir O'Sullivan writes:
  I have recently posted on LUGNET and I am interested in LEGO clubs at the
moment. Anyone here live around Springfield, Illinois? And my brickshelf
gallery is here at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7462 .

Hi Keir -
The GMLUG newsgroup isn't often used, to my knowledge.  So, I'm crossposting
to loc.us.il.  I'm in Wheaton, up in DuPage county directy west of Chicago.
There's a small handful of us in the Chicago area.  Also, John VanZwieten
lives in Springfield, but he is only around online occasionally.

We have a train club, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club, which has met in
Crystal Lake (IL-31 and IL-176) and in Milwaukee.  We're just getting
started, with a couple shows coming up in a month and a half or so.

-Tim

Subject:
Anybody alive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:44:28 GMT

   I have recently posted on LUGNET and I am interested in LEGO clubs at the
moment. Anyone here live around Springfield, Illinois? And my brickshelf
gallery is here at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7462 .

Re: Gen Con 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 01:47:55 GMT

Hmmmmm, I didn't go to the last LUG, cuz I'm not quite able or old enough
to,  but Gen Con I can go to.  I currently have no pirates, so Brikwarz
might be a better choice.....
~Evan

In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, James Seibert writes:

I have a question. Last year the Milwaukee group had a LUG meeting the same
weekend as Gencon. Unfortunately I did not get to attend because of prior
committments. A meeting at the con would be spectacular, but I do no know if
everyone would want to spend the cash to pay the one-day entrance fee for a
Sat or Sun. I will be there regardless but without access to a car. Pirate
Wars could be an option since Stephen Gabriel, the game designer of PW,
lives there. Planning ahead would make for fantastic weekend, besides I will
not be able to attend Brikfest because the July 4th week is allocated for
vacation to a senior team member.

So let me know what kind of plans you have and if we can get more people to
attend.

"Evan Butzlaff" <mad_genius123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, James Seibert writes:

"Evan Butzlaff" <mad_genius123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hey.  I was just thinking of what I was going to use for a costume at • Gen
Con when.....  I thought if anyone was going to bring lego to the
Convention... Being its last year here in Milwaukee and all.  Thx for • listening.
~Evan

Oh Yeah..........BrikWars???

James

That would be sweet.  Hopefully we can pull something off...  :-D I gotta
build an army now, lol.....
~Evan

Re: Gen Con 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:05:50 GMT

Hey.  I was just thinking of what I was going to use for a costume at • Gen
Con when.....  I thought if anyone was going to bring lego to the
Convention... Being its last year here in Milwaukee and all.  Thx for • listening.
~Evan

Oh Yeah..........BrikWars???

James

That would be sweet.  Hopefully we can pull something off...  :-D I gotta
build an army now, lol.....
~Evan

Re: Gen Con 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:46:31 GMT

Hey.  I was just thinking of what I was going to use for a costume at Gen
Con when.....  I thought if anyone was going to bring lego to the
Convention... Being its last year here in Milwaukee and all.  Thx for • listening.
~Evan

Oh Yeah..........BrikWars???

James

That would be sweet.  Hopefully we can pull something off...  :-D I gotta
build an army now, lol.....
~Evan

Re: Gen Con 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 05:07:40 GMT

Hey.  I was just thinking of what I was going to use for a costume at Gen
Con when.....  I thought if anyone was going to bring lego to the
Convention... Being its last year here in Milwaukee and all.  Thx for • listening.
~Evan

Oh Yeah..........BrikWars???

James

Subject:
Gen Con 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:55:49 GMT

Hey.  I was just thinking of what I was going to use for a costume at Gen
Con when.....  I thought if anyone was going to bring lego to the
Convention... Being its last year here in Milwaukee and all.  Thx for listening.
~Evan

Subject:
LEGO Store Stock?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:35:46 GMT

Ok, i went to the lego store in the Mall Of America.  I figured i'd be able
to get switch tracks, 2x2 tiles, & 1x4x3 trans clear panels.  I get there
and they had NONE!  Not even the switches.  I firgure someone bought the
switches, thats why this is cross-posted to GMLUG...  But WHY are there no
bulk bricks!?  I ended up only getting a roof tile pack!
Josh

Subject:
Milwaukee Meet pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 06:59:59 GMT

Hiya!

The second meet here in Milwaukee went just great!  Sarah and I had a really
fun time having some AFOL's over to visit for the day.

Dave Amos of Bricktannia.com from a few hours north of us stopped by first,
and we chatted a while and checked out each other's MOCs.  Next, Bill Farkas
showed up with some awesome custom castle figs and his Guarded Inn.  Shortly
thereafter, Tim Courtney (Ldraw.org) and OnDrew Hartigan arrived with their
MOCs, and we all gathered around to look at Tim's ship as he peeled away
layers to display his typically cool interior work.

Next we hung out in the dining room a little while with Dave's buildings and
some of my newer MOCs.

meanwhile Bill's kids had a fun time chasing our cats around!
(actually they were really well behaved and cute kids... could you imagine
how neat it would be if your dad actually had Lego for a hobby?  I'm
jealous... I mean my mom sewed. ooooooo.)

then we treked downstairs into our Lego Dungeon to watch Sarah build a new
house and Talk Brick.  I also showed everyone my new ship, The Set, although
it isn't quite finished... it's almost done!

OnDrew shared his new train car, and we all discussed NILTC plans:

a little better view of The Set:

here are the captions for the last pic...
Sarah: "OnDrew, I elect *you* to be our new sorting slave!"
Tim: "Wow... it's so much later than I planned on staying."

There ya go!  We had pizza too, and a mini Invader Zim marathon!  Fun was had.
We'll probably have another meet around x-mas, so... yeah.

cheers!
Joel Kuester #558
http://minispy.tripod.com

Re: Indiana Group forming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 05:13:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, Eric Smith writes:
I had a question for the official-type people of GMLUG. I'm in the Midwest
but obviously can't get to Minneapolis for a meeting. We are in the process
of forming IndyLUG, centered in Indianapolis. I also saw that MichLUG has
been formed. Both of us are in your "territory" and it seems that perhaps
GMLUG should contract its territory to maybe Minnesota and Wisconsin. I
think there's enough room for other states/areas in the Midwest to have
independent clubs that are not "chapters" of GMLUG. Follow up via private
e-mail...I tried to get an e-mail address from your site but your SQL Server
appears to be down or unreachable.

I am not an official-type person of GMLUG but I seem to recall some
discussion (or maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part) that saw GMLUG
as a blanket virtual organization... places with high concentrations of fans
have their own orgs. That does NOT mean they are "subsidiaries" of GMLUG,
unless they wanted to be (leveraging the website, etc...). Hence, the
territory of GMLUG continues to cover Michigan even though MichLUG exists,
is active, and is not really a sub of GMLUG. (no one in MichLUG that I know
of has ever said we are, I don't think, and that's about as organised as we
ever get...)

If you agree with that stance you don't need to think about what GMLUG
"territory" is at all, just do your own thing, don't worry, and be happy.
I'd sort of not like to get into the whole "whose territory is it anyway"
discussion if we can avoid it, IMHO.

PS I am really kicking myself because I was *in* Indianapolis for part of
last week and the week before...

Subject:
Indiana Group forming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:45:03 GMT

I had a question for the official-type people of GMLUG. I'm in the Midwest
but obviously can't get to Minneapolis for a meeting. We are in the process
of forming IndyLUG, centered in Indianapolis. I also saw that MichLUG has
been formed. Both of us are in your "territory" and it seems that perhaps
GMLUG should contract its territory to maybe Minnesota and Wisconsin. I
think there's enough room for other states/areas in the Midwest to have
independent clubs that are not "chapters" of GMLUG. Follow up via private
e-mail...I tried to get an e-mail address from your site but your SQL Server
appears to be down or unreachable.

Eric Smith
Coordinator, IndyLUG

Re: Wake up, GMLUG!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:20:42 GMT

The meeting was the Milwaukee AFOL meeting on May 26th.  I dont think many
people showed up.

I think we need to pick a central location, something like Chicago.  The
when is difficult, too.  We need time to plan ahead for this thing.  My best
time to do it would be in January, when Im on college break.  This thing
doesnt have to work around my schedule, though.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?  Offers?

-Dave
http://www.bricktannia.com

Re: Wake up, GMLUG!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:47:12 GMT

Dave & All,

Hey!

Hey, I am sleeping over here in Indiana, be quiet! ; )

Where is everyone?  GMLUG makes up such a large geographic area, you'd
think that we would do more!  Noone seems to post things in here, and our
last "meeting" was in May, and was poorly attended.

Which meeting was that?

I think that maybe we need to organize something.  A big brickfest-like
event would be fun.  If it were in the midwest, many people could attend,
from all parts of the country.  If our club hosted it, it would be great for > us.

Also, who is in charge of the GMLUG site?  I could maintain it and revamp
it, if people wanted me to.  An up-to-date website helps us stay connected.

LMKWYT, GMLUGers!

Right, well, MichLUG would probably be interested, where and when is the big
issues.

Scott S.
--

Subject:
Wake up, GMLUG!!

Hey!  Where is everyone?  GMLUG makes up such a large geographic area, you'd
think that we would do more!  Noone seems to post things in here, and our
last "meeting" was in May, and was poorly attended.

I think that maybe we need to organize something.  A big brickfest-like
event would be fun.  If it were in the midwest, many people could attend,
from all parts of the country.  If our club hosted it, it would be great for us.

Also, who is in charge of the GMLUG site?  I could maintain it and revamp
it, if people wanted me to.  An up-to-date website helps us stay connected.

LMKWYT, GMLUGers!

-Dave
http://www.bricktannia.com

Re: Milwaukee AFOL meet on May26th!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:51:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.wi, Tim Courtney writes:
"Greg Howell" <meowdammit99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi All,

Sorry I pooped out on this event. I wanted to go, but life fell on me and
gave me a hernia. Some times we don't get to go play well. =(

Ick, sorry to hear that.

I can't guarantee anything, but if you all plan something soon, I would like
to come. I have some new stuff, and I am working on some spacy things. I
hope to get picks soon.

Again, I'm a loser.

Well - next weekend I'm free, though Brandon and I might want to use that time
to continue building our next big spaceship.  The following weekend I'm out of
town, but I think the weekend of the 22-23 I'm free as well.

At least you pooped out and had a legit excuse - some of these locals just don't
pipe up that they actually live in the area, and never respond to posted events.
Really discouraging, especially for such a large area.

-Tim

It only took me 10 days to reply, but at least I did!

Thanks for the offer Tim, obviously things didn't pan, but perhps we can do
something in July. June is basically over for me now. I don't know what
happened exactly. But I don't even get on Lugnet much anymore. Such a bummer.

GREG~ Who post so little he still has lurking status.

RE: Milwaukee AFOL meet on May26th!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 06:03:39 GMT

I guess I should apoligize too... I thought I was going to be able to make
it, but I didnt have time last weekend...

Now that I have seen the pictures, I am not sure that I would fit in....
right now I spend most of my time collecting and re-assembling old technic
and model team sets.  I dont have any creations or MOC's  of my own.  I
spend all day at work creating things as an engineer, so when I come home I
want to have the plans and design done for me!  :)  I have fun just trying
to find the parts I need.

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 01:47:17 GMT

[...]

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact