 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 415
Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:20:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Eric Sophie wrote:
   Hey all, I am extremely happy to inform the Fans of Lego in the Tri-State Area that the two Lego Stores in the region are now open!

The Pallisades Mall on Rte. 87

Both Stores feature the Pick-a-Brick parts assortment. (please don’t ask to specify what parts are there, there is alot!) - Although I can tell you that the parts variety will rotate and new parts will be added.

$12.95 and $6.95 per cup. Small and Large.

I went to the grand opening of the Palisades store on Saturday. I am very pleased that Lego is going this route with the stores. I wasn’t blown away by the selection of bulk parts, but was told they’d be rotated on a monthly basis an I did pick up a large bucket of Sand Blue bricks.

I am hopeful for a NYC store to open, I don’t have a car but was lucky enough to be up in Westchester looking at foliage (a little late) with friends who do have a car....we hopped across the river to the mall in the evening.

One thing I noticed was all the Lego employees were white. I was a little taken aback that in this mall, in this area, this would be the case. I wonder if many of the employees were just there for the opening and travelled to other openings.

Jonathan