 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 412
  New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

Hey all, I am extremely happy to inform the Fans of Lego in the Tri-State Area that the two Lego Stores in the region are now open! The Pallisades Mall on Rte. 87 and The Paramus Park Mall on Rte 17 Both Stores are now open for for business! (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

Congrats on infiltrating TLC! I'm sure its only a matter of time before you make your way up the ladder to a position of obscene power and influence. Once you are firmly installed as ceo, you've got to do something about those yellow shirts! Its a (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) Eric, enjoy working for "the brick"! You'll find all sorts of fringe benefits to working for Lego... ;-) How does Jama look in a yellow shirt? JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) I went to the grand opening of the Palisades store on Saturday. I am very pleased that Lego is going this route with the stores. I wasn't blown away by the selection of bulk parts, but was told they'd be rotated on a monthly basis an I did (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(snipped) Finally! I can't wait to stop by and spend some money. Also, congrats on the job. I wish Lego would open up a store here in the five boroughs, especially Manhattan or in the Staten Island Mall. I plan on going this Saturday, so I hope to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

>One thing I noticed was all the Lego employees were white. Is that a problem? I actually spent time assisting in the hiring of people for the store in question. We had all white candidates applying for the positon less one man that was so (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) Rich, did anybody come by who was yellow (i.e. Timmy?) Hope the store is going great--I know your current manager said it was a nice store. Scott Lyttle (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) No problem at all, just an honest observation. One that I find surprising in this area, in this mall....and I still find it surprising. (...) My comment wasn't intended to be taken personally by anyone, it was just a very surprising (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) really? Cool! How so? -Brett (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) Judging from what I saw, (...) Awesome. :) I was just hoping you didn't think it was intentional the staff was assemled like that. As far as I know, the store is still hiring for part-time positions, so it is possible the color of the staff (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

I thought all Lego employees were yellow? (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

I just went to the one in my county, the Palisades Lego store today (11/14/2003). :-) I felt like a 5 yr old in a candy store. Didn't buy anything from that store yet, it was only for reconaissance. ;-) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) This is great I love it. :) e (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

Too cool. Hope we get a Lego outlet 'round here someday, sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Congrats on your position! Take care, Soren (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) That's a good point, everybody is yellow in a LEGO Brand Store. ;) I think that standing under that yellow brick for so long actually makes you start seeing everything blend into the color yellow. It must be a tactic used by TLC to make guests (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)