 Organizations / United States / DixieLUG / 319
Re: DixieLUG October Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:34:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.dixielug, Eric Harshbarger wrote:

There will not be a formal DixieLUG meeting in September of 2003, but
the October meeting has already been set. I will be hosting it at my
home in Auburn, Alabama.

DATE: Saturday, 11 October 2003
TIME: say from about 11:00am - 5:00pm (that's Central Time, by the way)
PLACE: Eric Harshbarger's House, Auburn, AL (email for directions:
eric@ericharshbarger.org)

Current plans for the gathering include:

- Another 'part out' of a set, likely set 4099 - Robobots.
- Miscellaneous brick sorting/trading. Folks are encouraged to bring any
large tubs of unsorted pieces they have (I for one LOVE to rummage
through such things... I have plenty of floor space onto which we may
dump said tubs)
- Bring any MOCs you want to show off (moonbases, etc).
- Discuss the NGLTC event from 20 Sep.
- The 'tour' of my house [grin]... I'll try to make it interesting.
Obviously you'll get to see past models and mosaics I have about, my
storage cabinets, and anything new I might have completed or be working
on (the 924[x3] Space Cruiser, etc).
- DixieLUG organizational talk.
- other suggestions welcome
- we can figure out eating plans at the meeting... there are decent
options... you may want to eat lunch beforehand, I guess.

BTW, I am, personally, still on a quest for just about any
printed/decorated tiles (any size, but especially 1x2s)... so bring
those along for trading, selling, donating... if anyone needs basic
bricks in trade, I can probably accommodate you [grin].

Somebody got some Lime Green tiles at the last meeting? I might be
interested in those as well.

Others are welcome to follow up on this thread with piece requests and
suggestions.

Ohhh, the 11th, good choice! I might actually be able to come to this meeting.
Large tubs of brick huh? Are you going to sort them for me Eric?

Also I can bring some of bricks that the NGLTC is using for making oraments for
this year's Festival of Trees project, so if any one feels inclined to use the
bricks to make a few oraments for the tree please do.

jt