 Organizations / GLUG / 100
Re: Introduction..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.glug
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 13:24:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nj, Chris Mayer wrote:
Greetings!

Welcome!

I happened upon Lugnet while scouring the web for Lego sites.. I've recently
gotten back into Legos after a much-too-long hiatus.

Good deal.  I'm kind of back in hiatus mode right now, but I'll never lose my
interest in The Brick (particularly as it relates to games).

I was wondering if there's anyone out there who plays BrikWars, or
is interested in playing BrikWars

I spent a couple years suggesting a GardenSLUG BW game and there's basically no
one interested.  While putting out feelers at BrickFest, there were people from
WAMALUG and NELUG who were interested in getting together for a weekend-long
LEGO gaming event in our area.  So you _can_ put something like this together,
but you'll need to cast a wide net.

I'm getting my house ready for sale, my bricks are all in storage, and I'm
moving to Minnesota this summer, so I'm not really available, but good luck.

Oh, and if you're quite interested, GLUG (The Game-LEGO User Group) will have a
pretty strong showing at both national game cons this summer: GenCon in
Indianapolis and Origins in Columbus.  There will be Evil Stevie's Pirate Game,
BrikWars, Brick Battles, BrickQuest, perhaps Mechaton and more.

Chris

included l.o.g and set FUT l.l.u.n