 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17178
Re: R/C skid steer test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 01:05:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

Oh yes! it can steer when going forward.  With the current gearing
though, it spins out.  I should try to drive the adder/subtractor
input with an 8-tooth gear rather than the current 24 to slow the
turning rate down.  Though I suppose I couldn't spin madly in place
then :)

-Rob A>
Hi Rob,
You might consider using the auxilary output of the RC to control a gear shifter
to select between "driveable" and "mad spining" modes...

Using the polarity switch is brilliant! I tried a pure mechanical solution (the
steering mechanism would brake one side or the other) before but with
unconvincing results... Maybe I should give it another try.

Greetings,
David