 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17167
  R/C skid steer test

Well- I finally got around to testing the idea of a R/C tank. I built a little test rig just to see how it would work. The idea is an adder/subtractor drive, with the R/C "drive" output goes to a motor on the base input and the steering output tied (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: R/C skid steer test

(...) Nice idea. I made a similar prototype some time ago, which does not need a battery pack, but which can not have both tracks running in opposite direction. Some images here: (URL) Julien (17 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: R/C skid steer test

(...) Nice! Can it steer while also moving forward, or does the switch work with just a 3-position action (turn right/go straight/turn left)? Could you also use 3 12-tooth gears for the side opposite the 2 24-tooth gears, or did you use the 2 (...) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: R/C skid steer test

(...) Oh yes! it can steer when going forward. With the current gearing though, it spins out. I should try to drive the adder/subtractor input with an 8-tooth gear rather than the current 24 to slow the turning rate down. Though I suppose I couldn't (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: R/C skid steer test

(...) Hi Rob, You might consider using the auxilary output of the RC to control a gear shifter to select between "driveable" and "mad spining" modes... Using the polarity switch is brilliant! I tried a pure mechanical solution (the steering (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)