 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13476
Re: Spectrum Catalogue Outlet store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on, Calum Tsang wrote:
Has anyone visited it?  I was wondering if they are selling any of the
LEGO stuff, especially the spare parts bits.  If so, are the prices the
same as in their catalogue?

No, but we'll probably take a drive over there to check it out.  We drove to the
Whitby store a few months ago and it had a really impressive selection of sets.
The only problem is that it's a little far--otherwise, I'd find myself much more
interested in buying S@H exclusives there, if only for the novelty of irrational
spur of the moment purchases.  I also worry about it, as it seems a rather
narrow focus for a store.

We drove up there last weekend...not a lot to report on.  I think they have a
few Mindstorms boxes and some Dacta classroom kits, but no bulk parks etc.  They
were willing to pull stuff out of their warehouse, but the particularly
interesting items like Technic Chain, for example, weren't in stock.  I'm pretty
sure the prices were the same.

There was a clearance area, however, there were I think a total of three Lego
items in there, two boxes of roadsigns and a polybag of with a Duplo turntable.
Despite the dollar price tag on the Duplo bag, I didn't buy it.  The roadsigns
weren't a particular good deal either...

Anyways, a bit of a bust.

Calum