 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13164
13163  |  13165
Subject:
Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:11:29 GMT

Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler wrote:

< Stuff we've heard before >

In principal I agree with what you are saying.  However I take exception
to where you are saying it.  You need to pay attention to the forum you
are posting to.

(or put "this is a repost with some content changed" when reposting things...
just like Calum did)

I've already laid the smack down on one person for trying to tell us
what we can and cannot discuss in our own group.

Please don't lay any smack down on JoJo for reposting, after cleaning up the
quoted text that got him a timeout. Lay it on me, instead, because I
*encouraged* him to repost it, since I thought the message was worth preserving
for the historical record.

But don't lay it on me either, please, because laying smack, except in fun and
where it's clear it's in fun, isn't appropriate anywhere on LUGNET. Even in your
own special group.

Certainly if you have issues with the general process of asking people to cancel
things that contain inappropriate content, and encouraging them to repost
essentially the same material, sans problems, or if you have issues or concerns
with anything else to do with the administration process, that's a valid topic
for discussion. Just not here, please, as it belongs in admin.general. Which is
where this post has been XFUTted to, if you want to discuss it further.

Hope that helps.

Larry Pieniazek
for the Admins.