 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 545
  Canadian Trains from California?

Sorry for the delay. technical problems kept me from posting, but I've been watching the growing plans. The show ought to look simply amazing. I wish I could be there to take some pictures and video! I've been modelling a couple of VIA coach lines (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) vote on which is the better VIA train (since JamesP is sending his also.) The only two VIA LEGO trains I've ever seen anywhere - BOTH at Canada's largest model train show. This is getting exciting. I just hope the weather is as nice in three (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) chance to see it in person! Seeing stuff that is familiar is always a hoot! So, what's with those "slugs"? I vaguely recall seeing one at some point. Do they have full motor-generator sets in them, and if so, why are they half-height, versus (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) I too have made a lego VIA model (engine only ) (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) Also, I loved your pictures of the LRC. Those are awesome shots! I've always thought the LRC is North America's most aesthetically pleasing train. The nose is so wonderful! I really wonder if it would translate well into LEGO. Don't forget to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) The 'slugs' are parasitic...only traction motors and etc., drawing power from the connected locomotive. The 'B' (booster units) are basically a full locomotive, without the cab, and only controlled by the sttached loco. Apparently, the 'B' (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) Can you get it to me within the next two weeks? SRC StRuCtures (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)