 Organizations / Canada / 129
Re: JLUG Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:41:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca, Samarth Moray wrote:

   Mees is a BULLHORN?! :-P

Lets just say, some are more chatty than others, wink.

   Janey “Red Brick”

c/o the JLUG

Personal note: JLUG is by far the coolest thing thats happened (to me, at least) since MOCPages. The people are nice, the atmosphere is informal, and overall its just a great place to hang out at. Thanks for this great service Janey.

Thank you Legoswami,

While I am fully aware that Lugnet is the main event (meaning the perfect and best place to discuss all of the important issues, events, and all things building), and JLUG is the after hours club (meaning social, silly and sometimes immature) it truly is not some people’s “cup of tea”. Having said that, I am glad it’s a place some have found comfortable and relaxed enough to shoot the “breeze”. Thanks for the kind words, and for being such an active member.

What people choose to make of it, will truly be what it is, and many members already have made it a place I like to hang out in.

Unrelated but worth a mention.

Since in recent posts here, the JLUG has been mentioned, I offer this private note....

I really appreciate Lugnet, and this hobby is greater for the commitment and contributions Lugnet puts forth, and always will have my respect and my support.

The JLUG has a different audience than Lugnet, that was by design. Our only intention for the JLUG is/was to have a casual gathering place for those wanting to have fun and informal chats about anything that interests them, especially reaching out to those that do not have the luxury of the camaraderie, that being active in a local LUG affords.

We are also fully aware that the “no moderation, no censorship with allowed profanity” was a thrill for some to just cut loose, and to a large degree, we have already seen that moment pass as we thought it would.

Of course, there will always be a percentage of posts that really are for shock value, but I stand by my comments that I have said to anyone asking me privately “Is this too much? Would this be pushing some invisible boundary?” From day one, my comment has always been “It is your name beside the post, you live with the consequences.”

As I posted there just yesterday “IMO, this hobby is full of amazing and talented builders, and I respect most of them. With that respect, I hand off the power to them, they can say what they want, and certainly can defend themselves without me sticking my nose into it.”

Janey “Red Brick”