 Organizations / 636
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:24:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

[ XFUT lugnet.org ]

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

ok am I to understand that this is meant to bring all of the independent sites
together such as lugnet, bricklink ,peeron, ldraw, brickset, fbtb, brickshelf
and all of the other major sites onto one site

To the extent that these sites are interested, yes.

Nobody should be - or feel - forced to join LEGOFan.net.  I hope
there also in the future will appear new independent LEGO fan
sites.  But they should now have to option of accessing all the
data and articles available through LEGOFan.net.

We have discussed making both the software running the site _and_
the content of the site Open Source, to ensure that independent
sites will have the freedom to access the site and present its
content in new and innovative ways.

Putting the content under an Open Source license will of course
create some problems related to commercial information from LEGO,
so we will probably end up with some mixed situation, where not
all the LEGOFan.net content is under an Open Source license.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Sal Colibri (from Roger Leloup's "Yoko Tsuno"):
          http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Fly/Colibri/