 General / 45372
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:58:46 GMT

In lugnet.build, Richard Morton wrote:

What we have been working towards is a site called LEGOFan.net, that can act
as a central hub for the community. A site where LEGO fans worldwide can get
information, be directed towards resources, and interact. We also are
developing an infrastructure that will allow community members to be
involved with the running of the site, from administration tasks to
open-source code maintenance. We hope in this way to actually create a site
that is in all ways by fans, for fans.

Perhaps what excites us most about LEGOFan.net, however, is the involvement
of the LEGO Company itself. Presently, the LEGO Company works informally and
sporadically with multiple independent fan sites. LEGOFan.net will provide a
more centralized point for the LEGO Company to interact with the fan
community, thus increasing the frequency of their interaction, updates,
news, and releases.

ok am I to understand that this is meant to bring all of the independent sites
together such as lugnet, bricklink ,peeron, ldraw, brickset, fbtb, brickshelf
and all of the other major sites onto one site similar to the iltco who is
bringing all of the train clubs together for one point of contact?
OnDrew

Play Well,

The LEGOFan Team