 Off-Topic / Geek / 4812
Re: Transparent Aluminum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:31:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   Added off-topic.geek for the sheer implications of this.

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:

(click image)

The future is now.

Well now that is just crazy. This is the first time a treknology came true. Not just in the superficial looks kind of similar sense, which has happend a lot, but the actual technology came true. The mind boggles at the possibilities this opens up.

I first read about this (in the real world, as opposed to Trek) a few years ago, but I hadn’t heard anything since then. Then as now, it was touted as a more durable material for use in face shields in helmets and the like.

I wonder if the guy who invented it is still working with polymers...

Very very nifty, in any case. Thanks for the link, Admiral.

Dave!