 Off-Topic / Fun / 7227
Re: American tries Vegemite (Was Re: Latest Garage Sale FOTW)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 19:06:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford writes:

Sounds like a FOTW to me!!

BTW, how'd you go with the Vegemite???

Well, I like it!  Don't get me wrong-- I'd take chocolate over Vegemite any
day.  But it isn't bad at all.  The first time I must've put too much on
because it was incredibly salty.

Well done!! Everyone always tries too much the first time & hates it! You've
gotta remember that us Aussies are weaned straight onto that stuff.

So next time I used less and went with
unsalted butter.  And I went out and bought a jar of Marmite (I know, bite my
tongue!) to compare-- to me they are pretty similar although not exactly the
same, but I haven't had enough of either yet to put my finger on the
difference. (I suspect I'll be eating plenty of both, as no one else in my
house will touch the stuff!)

Pikers!

So thanks Ross for hauling that little jar in your luggage halfway around the
world!  Are you home yet or are you still in Canada?

Writing this from North Bay, Ontario. Arrive back home June 6th.

Regards,

ROSCO