 Off-Topic / Fun / 6234
Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 22:30:17 GMT

"The GREEK? Did you catch his name? Oh, the MEEK, yeah, they've had a heck
of a time with it, haven't they."

Punchy SteveB

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Kingsley writes:

For the Eric's shall inherit the Earth.

The Eric's (1) *what*? You left a word out, bub.

Let me try one or two for size:

For the Eric's donut mites(2) shall inherit the Earth.
For the Eric's pet cats shall inherit the Earth.

Ahem. That was fun. Ok, more seriously(3), I would submit that the actual
quote is "For the MEEK shall inherit the Earth." Show me a meek Eric and
I'll allow the substitution. Just ONE meek Eric will do.

I haven't seen any meek, bashful, modest, or retiring Erics around HERE, no
not me. So I'd have to disallow that substitution. Consider the persona
speaking... Eric KINGsley. If that isn't telegraphing intent, what is?

For my next science project, I am going to try to show Richard-equivalence.
Can you guess which two Richards I am going to start with? :-)

1 -  Note the singularity of the possessive, again confirming that there is
only one actual Eric instantiation. You're slipping, Eric. Try not to wear
the "incorrect grammar" persona as much when making crucial communications
to the masses, or it's back into the cage with Pinky and the Brain you'll
have to go.

2 - caught while riding in the Spiffcraft with Mark, no doubt.

3 - well, a LITTLE more seriously, but not much.

++Lar