 Off-Topic / Fun / 5994
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:26:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes

Don't EVER be in front of me on an airplane blocking the aisle and not ready
to go when the person in front of you moves, because I will say "sorry" and
then cheerfully drag my armored suitcase over your toes.

Heh!  I don't have much plane experience (just plane inexperienced, I
guess), but my daily incarceration on the Light Rail Sardine Can

Isn't that *twice* daily incarceration?

Later this week I will be back to riding the London Underground Jubilee line
two or more times a day, which was deliberately made smaller than older(?)
tube trains. Ostensibly so that the tubes would be cheaper to bore, but I know
the real reason... so that when it's rush hour you're not just squeezed in,
you also have to bend your head because the roof curvature means that you
can't stand up straight.

Well, actually I just found a way to get to work using only buses and the DLR,
but I wanted to complain about Jubilee anyway.

One good thing, the Jubilee cars are painted white, red, yellow and some sort
of light purple. Very garish, but very LEGO reproducable (if you can get the
curve right)

++Lar