 Off-Topic / Fun / 5990
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:06:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes

Don't EVER be in front of me on an airplane blocking the aisle and not ready
to go when the person in front of you moves, because I will say "sorry" and
then cheerfully drag my armored suitcase over your toes.

  Heh!  I don't have much plane experience (just plane inexperienced, I
guess), but my daily incarceration on the Light Rail Sardine Can seems
analogous, and the perpetrators come in two general varieties:

  1) The roadblock who stands immobile at the exit when the doors open,
perhaps out of some fear that they won't be allowed to reenter once the throng
has passed.
  2) The manic who absolutely needs to get out first despite any throng
between him and the door.

  In either case, I am likewise frustrated by people unable to grasp the
rudiments of egress.  If I carried an armored suitcase, I too cheerfully drag
it over the toes of stragglers!

     Dave!