 Off-Topic / Fun / 5092
Re: Idle Ramblings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Philip Ogston writes:
Of course it's not fair to poorer schools, but there really shouldn't
be poor schools should there?  Why is school funding based on local
property tax?  It's because rich people deserve a better education.
Why?  Because they're rich, and they hold the political and economic
power in this country.  Now you wouldn't want the ruling class to be
stupid, would you?  How would we ever get along with stupid leaders?
They might waste all our precious money on poor people.

Good thing you're saying this in .fun, because it really is pretty funny.

But if you're seriously espousing this line of thought instead of just being
silly, take it up in .debate where it can be properly skewered.

++Lar