 Castle / 4196
Re: Pictures of the WIP (was Re: Idle Ramblings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:55:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Catena writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
I've just thrown some quic pics up on my site.  They're in the directory

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura/moc/castleworld/wolftemp/

No captions, no HTML, just eight 640x480 pics of the castle as it is now.

Ooooh, very nice. I loved the beach especially, and the door leading to the
beach. I make my docks a little differently: I use one height of 1x2 and 1x4
brown "wood" sections (what Fort Legoredo is built with) above and below the
rightmost and leftmost sides of the pier (kind of like the letter H with a long
middle bar). This gives it a lot of support, as well as keeping people
embarking and disembarking from falling into the drink.

I've done docks like that, too.  The Shanghai Surprise set has one like
that, in fact.  Trouble is that almost all of my 'log bricks' are in use
in the Desert Outpost.

Oh, by the way, is there a mechanism to raise and lower the gate leading to the
sea? I use a winch on the top of my gatehouse (like the one in the diver
whale-skeleton set), and that works very well for both me and the minifigs.

There isn't one at present, but that's because I haven't finished the
upper floors yet.  The finished version will have a winch.

Speaking of winches, it's not immediately obvious fromt he picture, but I
goofed when making the drawbridge winch - the drawbridge is affixed to the
bottom plate, while the winch is on the top floor.  The string runs
through two 1x1 w/side stud pieces, thereby making the structure a real
pain to take apart.  I'm going to definitely have to redesign that...