 Off-Topic / Debate / 6749
  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

(...) I recognize that you're just the messenger, rather than the purveyor of this mindset, but such "social engineering" as Matt describes it is also known as sociopathy. The fact that it can be couched in politically correct rhetoric doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

(...) I don't know what else to call it. Any suggestions? (...) I really only "got" what he was trying to do after he explained it carefully. I played into his trap. Any others that come to mind? BTW, I can see that you get it. Say, do you remember (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

(...) I strongly agree with this point... If I rob a bank, is it a crime?... or "a Meta-game in which I proposed to test the gullable nature of bank tellers, the resolution of low-light cameras, the competancy of local law enforcement, and the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

(...) Naturally, it could be both. It's never not a crime, of course. If someone thinks it a meta-game, they clearly think quite differently from most people. Again, I don't care to judge MM's game or meta-game or tactics (or whatever you want to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

(...) You make a good point--it's hard to claim your opponent is cheating at checkers when he's playing chess. However, it's a cheap maneuver to say after the fact that you were playing a different game all along, especially when it looks like (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

For a guy who uses WebTV, this JohnnyBlaze is pretty eloquent! In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes: <snip> (...) Great, memorable acronym! And a good summation. (...) This statement is brilliant! For anyone who is wondering (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: Lar, Aren't you supposed to be on a flight somewhere? Drag your armored suitcase over someone's toes and get some sleep! Dave! (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

(...) I read the first sentence and couldn't stop laughing... Thanks for the best laugh (compliment?) all day Larry! I'll read the rest of the post as soon as I dry my eyes... John (who prefers to think of himself as a slightly evolved (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

(...) That was hours ago, I took an overnight monday nite, got to work around 1 PM GMT and did a good half day before I posted. Fortunately I got bumped from Delta onto NW, so I spent some miles to get out of coach and into Business, much better (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)