 Off-Topic / Debate / 6028
Re: This will get someone upset...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:31:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Marc Cook writes:

and my reply to this poor Canadian:
Damn I just read your signature.  This makes sense.  It says you're in Canada!
Freedom of speech as a defense to the this signature problem (as I see it)
is an interesting angle.  Lugnet is really not about free speech per se.

As an example, section five of the Discussion Group Terms and Conditions states
that you won't post defamatory or profane (among other things) messages.  If
you look at the snippets from your note above, you may find three breaches of
this policy.  Just as an example.

Chris

P.S. And for what it's worth, position-related sigs don't bother me as much as
silly quotes do.