 Off-Topic / Debate / 5874
Re: legos biggest mistake is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:45:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Adam Hoekwater writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Gary Istok writes:
Probably the American prudishness to nudity is what makes our country the
world's leader in rapes and sex crimes.

Gary Istok

Gary,
I think it's because America is a cesspool of social degeneration.
Doesn't Japan hold the same prudishness?
Are they number two in sex crimes?

-Adam

And America is a prudish country how?  Granted, one only hears suggestive
nuances on network TV, but how many households have cable?  How many people have
access to pornography?  Virtually all of the people that I have known who have
had a problem with pornography initially found it via their fathers.  The fact
of the matter is that kids have access to all manner of sexual messages despite
our lamentable "American prudishness."  Oh, did I forget the internet?  America
is so rampant with sex crimes because we allow our children to be barraged with
sexual messages, and then we give them neither the instruction nor the support
in terms of dealing with their sexuality.  The sum total of most kids' sexual
education is the music that they listen to - music which is often filled with
hateful sexual messages - and which is not censored (Yes, the "C" word) by their
parents whatsoever.  America is a cesspool of social degeneration because
it is a cesspool of moral degeneration.  If sexual "prudishness" leads to sex
crime, then what are we to say of the entire Muslim world?  Sex crimes such as
rape in Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Iran, Indonesia, etc.,
etc. are extremely infrequent.  Granted, those societies commit social crimes
against women, but in terms of actual criminal deviant acts, their "prudishness"
(reinforced by a religious and moral code) has not in fact led to an increase in
rapes and other sex crimes, but has in fact minimized the frequency of such
incidents.  What evidence can you offer that sexual deviancy in the USA is a
direct cause of the policies of sexual repression by the prudish among us?