 Off-Topic / Debate / 5294
Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:03:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Franks writes:

On the other hand (!) to use another period example, a lefty fighting his
way up a spiral staircase would be at an advantage, since such stairways
spiral counter-clockwise and thereby pin the swordarm of northpaws...

Are you sure? I've been to many castles - living in Britain you can't really
avoid it... and I am certain that I've seen both types of spirals around and
about :)

  Maybe you were dyslexic on those apparently clockwise staircases. 8^)  Or
the defenders fought their way UP the clockwise staircases and DOWN the
counterclockwise.  Or maybe the lefthanded defenders fought on the clockwise
steps...
  Hmm... Now that you mention it, though, I'll have to double-check.

     Dave!