 Off-Topic / Debate / 4134
    Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —Robert Brunskill
   (...) This is changing. Businesses want people who know how to work together, cooperate, and communicate. While a high grade student probably won't have trouble getting a job, an average student from one school is more likely to be passed over for a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

        Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —John DiRienzo
      I am glad I read this whole thread before jumping in. I just want to say that I agree with Robert. -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) Brunskill wrote in message ... (...) They (...) original (...) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

         Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —Scott Edward Sanburn
     To All, OK, folks, since nobody got the ideas posting on this subject, especially from me, let's see if I can clear this up: 1) If this LEGO test to determine different skills was one of the factors to determine certain characteristics that the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —Scott Edward Sanburn
      To all, I forgot, I disagree with Rush sometimes as well, with the LEGO quote, but he wasn't addressing the LEGo item, he was talking about the affirmative action issue. Now I don't need to tell a group the bias most people have against s AFOL's, he (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —Mark Tarrabain
      (...) Absolutely... although, in practice, when you are stuck with a poor team, it's really best to *NOT* do their work for them - at least my experience has shown this. Although it's possible that you could end up getting a lower grade for the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —David Eaton
      (...) Umm... I think that was the point! That colleges are looking for people with leadership, teamwork skills, creativity, etc., and that traditional testing doesn't seem to show this ability in people, so they're looking in to new ways to test for (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) When I was a sophomore in college I had to work with a group of five other people to write a 40ish page paper. We met over several weeks and it became more and more evident that this group simply didn't have the dynamic to make it happen. I (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —Scott Edward Sanburn
     Chris, (...) I still resent it, simply because others dragged my grade down. I work with people all day, every day. My performance reviews and my salary depend on it. However, in school, it is not a real situation (See above posts), and me having (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds" —Robert Brunskill
   After looking at the article again my interpretation of what was said is different from yours. No students were selected for the program because they were black or Hispanic. It was an option given to students with average grade performance whose (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)