 Off-Topic / Debate / 4100
  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

Kevin, (...) That's what the article said, which I mentioned in the quote earlier. (...) Mine was probably CAD and drafting classes, along with history. Again, I think this is just a way to get around the recent court rulings about affirmative (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

(...) Or you are showing yours, but I digress... (...) Yes, but what does that have to do with admitting minorities into a college? Business and college are very different. (...) Yes, see above.. (...) Yes, work again... (...) My point exactly. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes: [SNIP] (...) Once again, Limbaugh shows his vast ignorance. These kinds of tests are routinely used by management consulting firms to test employees to see how well they fit into an (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

Sorry, just a nitpick: (...) I just want to point out that the single largest group that has benefited from Affirmative Action and equal-hiring legislation is actually white females, both numerically and qualitatively. What's to fear from adding a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

Lindsay, have you ever been passed up for a job because you were a white male? "Sorry, even though you are the most qualified, and out of work, we hired this Hispanic guy with no experience and a family to support because the government will pay (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

Lindsay, (...) That's not what the article was about, or the intention of this and other tests. Affirmative action is discrimination, and should not be there period, whether whit females, pink elephants, or blue martians benefit from it. No one (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)