 Off-Topic / Debate / 28507

Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:42:00 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   Thanks to everyone for the support of our decision, may I wish you good luck in finding a new sandbox.

The only way that’s gonna happen is if I make it myself, but unfortunately I have neither the technical know-how nor the time to devote to such an enterprise.

Yeah, like it’s so hard. http://www.triple-bypass.net/jlug2/index.php

This is just a sample, and I’ve only put 15 minutes work into it.

worker201

Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leigh Holcombe wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

   The only way that’s gonna happen is if I make it myself, but unfortunately I have neither the technical know-how nor the time to devote to such an enterprise.

Yeah, like it’s so hard. http://www.triple-bypass.net/jlug2/index.php

This is just a sample, and I’ve only put 15 minutes work into it.

worker201

Goodonya Leigh. Who knows what you could achieve in an hour. At this rate, we’ll have ITC by the end of the week.

Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leigh Holcombe wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   Thanks to everyone for the support of our decision, may I wish you good luck in finding a new sandbox.

The only way that’s gonna happen is if I make it myself, but unfortunately I have neither the technical know-how nor the time to devote to such an enterprise.

Yeah, like it’s so hard. http://www.triple-bypass.net/jlug2/index.php

This is just a sample, and I’ve only put 15 minutes work into it.

worker201

Nice work, CM Worker! (Or should I say CL Worker?)

Hopefully, my prompt registering will result in a low member number (not than numbers mean anything).

Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Future JLUG2 Community Overlooker

Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
[...]

Thanks for registering and all, guys. However, this is just a sample, and I’m not sure I’m the one to be administering or hosting a forum. I really just wanted to prove to Allister how quick and easy it was to set up a forum. Perhaps more discussion is warranted.

Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.
[...]

No. No discussion. Why not register us, and see how it goes? Will it collapse in a mountain of anticommunitarian trolling? Will you collapse under the admin load? I suspect neither. But carpe diem and all that. You have built it, they are coming.

But why not give it a go, just to see? Go on.

Besides, I am rather keen on getting a low member number.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Future JLUG2 Unofficial CTOP List Administrator

Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.