 Off-Topic / Debate / 27373
  Could someone get Fred Phelps to shut the heck up?

Hey all, I just followed a link from the new (URL) ILENN - International LEGO Enthusiasts News Network> to (URL) this article> about the funeral services for a soldier killed in Iraq. This was linked on ILENN because in remembering his son, the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Nov-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Could someone get Fred Phelps to shut the heck up?

(...) What a touching and personal moment, and how sad. LEGO as a symbol of childhood (and, by extension, of innocence) becomes all the more poignant when discussed in context of war. Regardless of one's views on the war in Iraq, the loss of a (...) (19 years ago, 3-Nov-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Could someone get Fred Phelps to shut the heck up?

(...) You know, I too believe that everything happens for a reason, that everything is an element of God's plan. But, I cannot even by the furthest stretch of the imagination see how they came up with that. I guess when a person is filled with hate, (...) (19 years ago, 5-Nov-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)