 Off-Topic / Debate / 27373
27372  |  27374
Subject:
Could someone get Fred Phelps to shut the heck up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:28:36 GMT

Hey all,

I just followed a link from the new ILENN - International LEGO Enthusiasts News Network to this article about the funeral services for a soldier killed in Iraq. This was linked on ILENN because in remembering his son, the father noted: “He used to be a real Lego-maniac,” he said. “And we have all his Legos from when he was a kid.”

Anyway, right after that statement, there are a few paragraphs about a protest by the “Reverend” Fred Phelps’ group. You know, these are the jerks that show up any time someone gay dies and hold up the “God hates homos” (or worse) signs. Apparently they have somehow decided that problems in Iraq are a punishment on America for homosexuals or something.

Anyway, I’m generally on the conservative side of the political aisle and I’m a religious person, and I am uncomfortable with some of the actions of some gay-rights organizations, so I suppose some people might expect me to support this type of jerk. But those of us who are conservative and Christian really need to stand up and denounce these people. If God hates anyone, it really must be those who take His name and paste it onto their own hate-filled causes.

Anyway, I rarely peek into the off-topic.debate forum, but this just really irked me this morning.

Bruce