 Off-Topic / Debate / 26985
Re: what is ALE? (was Re: Brickshelf going away???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 23:19:52 GMT

(snip)
   IMO (also an abbreviation rather than an acronym!), to call oneself an “enthusiast” is to make oneself sound hopelessly effete and snobbish. Heck, if we really want to sound self-important, why don’t we just call ourselves “Brights?”
(snip)

Whenever I read “IMO” I pronounce it in my noggin as “ih-my-oh” all fluidlike, one word. Ihmyoh. The “ih” is like the beginning of “idiot”, the “my” is just like the word, and the “oh” is like the beginning of “ohio”

IMHO is “ih-my-ho”, FYI ( <-- but that is just said letter by letter)

ROFL is “rofl” just as it is spelled, though...

~KEVOH <-- pronounced letter by letter ;)