 Off-Topic / Debate / 25383
Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton wrote:

I'm not a moderator or anything, but I think the intention was really to prevent
people from posting non-Lego things, and not really offensive things. So if
someone wants to post Lego porn or Lego violence, that's potentially acceptable
(if I understand the moderation correctly), but posting a picture of an actual
family picnic is NOT acceptable (because it's not Lego related).

What about images with clone brand bricks?  I ask for two reasons, the second of
which is that these faux-Reich models include a considerable number of MEGABLOKS
elements.  If clones are verboten, then the pictures could be bounced for that
reason regardless of the "offensivenss" of the subject matter.

I've emailed Brickshelf about this, but I thought I'd post in advance of the
answer, just to see what the ambient sentiments might be.

AFAIK, clones are OK on Brickshelf. It would be useful if Kevin posted a rough
indication of the guidelines he uses though.

ROSCO