 General / 48939
Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:23:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Johannes Koehler wrote:
Hello!

A few minutes ago I stumbled accross this folder:

Following the Up button in the folder thread I also found this:

"vehicles of Vereinigte Faschistische Staaten des Neues Reichs"

And I wonder: What on earth do moderators on BrickShelf think when they pass
something like this? Well, of course those galleries are "safe for kids" since
there is no nudity included...

But such Nazi-romanticism is not safe for adults at all. Believe me. There are
more than enough idiots in Germany and maybe elsewhere as well who wish back a
"New (German) Reich". But the old German Reich is nothing a reasonable person
would ever romanticise about. Only war-glorifying lunatics and moronic racists
would deny the appaling facts of the gone fascistic German Reich and make fun
about it or portray it in toys. Unless they make an aestheticised statement
_against_ war and fascism that is. (Like that Polish artist did with the KZ sets
made of LEGO bricks a few years ago. He is not a fascist of course.)

Besides this the clause "vehicles of Vereinigte Faschistische Staaten des Neues
Reichs" is grammatically incorrect.

So, to cut a long story short: I'm totally against the censorship thing on
BrickShelf. In cases like this, though, as we have the moderators anyway, they
should act responsible and not pass every crap just because it's "safe for
kids".

It's hard to say on the face of it.  The person might be just indulging in a
typical historical "what if" scenario.  Does it trivialize what happened?  Not
necessarily.

Then again, he/she/it may be looking for DNA material to clone Hitler with with.
Or maybe it's a political commentary and satire on George Bush and the United
States.  Anyway, I can't judge on the face of it; I'd need to know more.

Remember, in the United States people can worhsip Hitler if they like - there
are no laws against it (maybe some mobs, though).

-->Bruce<--