 General / 48743
Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:03:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Stacey wrote:
"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message
"vehicles of Vereinigte Faschistische Staaten des Neues Reichs"

There was a first and second reich that had nothing to do with Nazi's. There
is no Nazi insignia or imagery. I can fully understand the sensitivity and
if it claimed to be 'Neo Nazi' I would fully understand.

My German might not always be spot on, but I can see "Fascist" in the title for
the page. According to the Google language tool, it means something like
"vehicles OF combined fascist states new of the realm". I would translate it as
"Vehicles of the United Fascist States of the New Reich".

Fascism was a right-wing authoritarian political movement originating in Italy
and similar in many ways to the Nazi movement in Germany. For many people
"Fascism" and "Nazism" are almost interchangeable as terms, and if someone makes
a reference to "Fascism" and "Reich" in the same sentence, this implies
reference to the "Third Reich" (1933-1955) rather than the "Second Reich" or
Kaiserreich (1871-1918).