 Off-Topic / Debate / 15294
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 05:19:45 GMT

Getting back to the original subject of Brickfilms-- all I am saying to Jason • is
that, if he wants to create a site that will some day be among the elite for
AFOLs and KABOBs (LUGNET, Brickbay, Brickshelf), he is going to have to be *
intentional* about the content of the site; TLC's reaction to it is already
evidence of that.  And I agree with TLC; and I offer the label of hypocrite of
any "open-minded" person who finds fault with their policy-- it is TLC's
perogative.  To rail against it only betrays the hypocrisy of the so-called
enlightened people who would not agree with it.

No.  If he wants support from LEGO, then probably, he will have to be more
selective (editorial/censorshipish, however you want to define it).  However,
if Jason is willing to forgo the actual financial support of LEGO, then he
should be allowed to host whatever he wants to host --_And Lego should butt out
of it_.  It is his right to host any material that is not "obscene material
illegal under the Supreme Court case of Miller v. California" in nature, and
the last I checked, gay sex was not considered to be "obscene" in a legal
standard.

Jason's position is the same as that of LUGNET.  There are links off Lugnet to
the _exact same_ material that Jason is linking to, and no-one seems to be
screaming for them to be removed.  I can hardly see how Lego can justify a
double standard, because it is common knowlage that LUGNET got ~$7K from Lego,
and LUGNET is linked to the exact same (perverted, gross, however YOU want to
call it-I'd call it art myself) film as Brickfilms links to, with exactly the
same amount of warning that the material is adult in nature.-therefore,
certanly, if Brickfilms is named as having offensive content, Lugnet should get
smeared with the same brush :)

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=25240

James Powell