 Off-Topic / Debate / 15229
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:18:54 GMT

Violence much be eshewed as well, but there is a fine
line WRT teaching children about good and evil.  There is no such line when • it
comes to the topic of sex and children.

That's because sex is neither good nor evil.

The very definition of a child is one who hasn't knowledge of
such things, and presenting it to them forces their
childhood from them, which is, in my mind, evil.

Interesting definition of childhood-- I think I agree with the definition...
However, I'm not sure I see it as evil if one attempted to 'force' adult
information on them.

Innocence, once lost, is gone forever.  Experience comes with age.  When
experience comes before age (childhood), healthy development is almost
certainly impossible.

What you think of as normal and healthy is not.  It is a stunted
charicature of humanity.  People seek out experiences when they are ready for
them.  This information isn't being forced on the inocent babes, it is merely
available.  That's not evil!

Evil is keeping humans in the bondage borne of ignorance to satisfy your own
sense of worth and justification.  Evil is preventing others from accessing the
information and ideas that their minds and bodies crave.  Evil is filling the
minds of the unexperienced juvenile with mythology told as truth in order to
compell adherence to ridiculous and destructive standards.

Anyone who would rob a child of the chance to develop normally into
a mature, healthy adult... yeah, I'd call them (or their acts) evil.

You mean by preventing their responsible and educated exploration of sexuality
as an adolescent?  I guess I'd call that evil too.  Who knew that we'd end up
agreeing?

Chris