 Off-Topic / Debate / 15215
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:40:12 GMT

Dan, while I'll agree with you on most points in your post, I still don't • think
that allowing a 14 year old to view smut (even in the ABS) is acceptible. The
films (and other sites of this nature) are there for adult viewing and adult
viewing only. The fact that it's hosted by a college run site rather than • Yahoo

Why not?  if it is _legal_ for them to do it, then why not legal to view it?
Are you afraid that they might see what sex is?

I think there is enough warning that what they are going to see is adult that
it should clue in people who don't want to see adult situations not to open it.
If you as a parent are so afraid of what is on the internet, then monitor what
your child views.  Sit with them and tell them what is and what is not
appropriate- and don't rely on _any_ of the 'cybersitters'/"netnannys" to do
your job for you.

(if you want a great example of how they fail, view www.2600.com, and the
article on AOL's kid page...)

As far as minifig sexuality, I really couldn't care.  I don't have any "PAL's"
kicking around, but then I rarely have 'couples' in my city.  I'd rather leave
things like that ambigous rather than force it down my visitors throats.

James Powell

"PAL's"=People of Alternate Lifestyle-its a PC term used here to describe
unusual relationships