 Off-Topic / Debate / 10791
Re: Lugnet has a problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:39:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
Lugnet has a problem.

No one can have their own opinion if it differs from everyone elses.

If they do, they are attacked.  Read the posts that were in reply to my own,
stating my discontent with the re-release of the Castle set the Guarded Inn.
Because I don't rate that set highly and would rather see another in its place,
I am branded a 'complainer about all that lego does.'

Well here is my response to that.

Citizens of Lugnet, this is one AFOL that will no longer be posting to lugnet
unless it deals directly with his own website.  Why?  Because if YOU don't care
about what I have to say, then I have no reason to say anything, do I?  Don't
think this is some isolated case, either.  I have stated my opinions all over
lugnet, and I am either looked over, ignored, or beaten down.  Forgive me for
being me.  In all reality, I should never post again, as I cannot see a really
good reason to.  But because there are the select few whom I care about here on
lugnet, and they care about me, I would think, I shall not leave entirely.  As
for the rest of you, well, I hope God gives you the good graces to understand
those who are just a little different than the pack.

To Lego Direct, I never said rereleasing sets was a bad idea.  I just think you
could have picked a MUCH better set than the Guarded Inn that represented the
castle line.

And that is my final two cents.

--Anthony Sava

There is an old saying, "You can't please all of the people, all of the time."

Guess what Anthony? You proved it to be true. But understand, LEGO is about
to release a few new castle sets via Harry Potter and they have to be
careful not to compete against themselves. So, here we go, a re-release of a
castle set back from the days when LEGO's designers built models and not
just met price points. Me, I wish it was the Ice Planet 2002 Deep Freeze
Defender, but we don't always get what we want. :-) Do remember, this is the
*first* model.

As far as LUGNet having a problem, yes, we are a strange bunch. If someone
does not reply to you, you feel ignored, and if they do it may not be
pleasant. Take it from me, my website sucks if I remember correctly. As the
French say, "That's life!"

Now do not tell me in your frustration you did not let things get to you,
heck, I have too in the past. As far as people not caring, I would say you
are wrong and you are right. Some people here can walk away from their
keyboards and feel nothing for others online, but there are those who have
genuine friendships as a result of things that take place here, in fact some
even date as a result. ;-)

My advice is, dial down, sort some parts, build something and enjoy what you
are doing. If you want to, take a break from posting and even reading
LUGNet. One day you can come back on your terms and can make decisions on
whose opinions are of value and who is not worth listening to.

Well, gotta go, hope to here back from you.

Jude