 Off-Topic / Debate / 10760
Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:02:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tamyra Teed writes:

Tom's answer just proves a point, everyone is so quick to jump...
Everyone should remember one thing, NEVER reply to a message when your
upset or angry.. walk away, think about it.. compose a message walk away
again, come back read it.. change it.. walk away, come back reread it..
if it's still how you feel, then post it.

That's great advice.

Since I've decided to back Anthony in this, I might as well put up
another crucifix and join him since I'm sure that's where I'll end up..
not that I haven't already been up there for a while.. maybe this time I
can get a better view! Anthony wanna move over a bit? I'd like a view of
that lake :)

Tamyra <donning her flame retardant suit> Teed

Flaming cruxifixion? Seems a mixed metaphor... :-)

Seriously, we've had some discussions about the phenomenon in the past. Lots
of them.

Is LUGNET cliqueish? It must be, I would think, unless it is unlike every
other social interaction(1) known to man. Do posts sometimes go without
answer? All the time. Is that fair? Life isn't fair. All I can suggest is to
keep posting interesting stuff or write it off as not worth the effort.

LUGNET is rewarding if you just lurk. But it can be frustrating if you're a
heavy contributor and most of your pearls are cast before swine. It may be
nicer than the rest of the internet but it's not immune from social
phenomena, especially this one.

1 - I suspect that I'm in some clique or another and therefore am not the
person to be able to say "No, it's not cliquish here" because clique members
notoriously cannot recognise that cliques even exist. I think people
gravitate to groups where they can be valued and enjoy participating.

That's why I think cliques in voluntary things aren't as unfun as cliques
where you have no choice... I disliked highschool partly because I was an
outsider there. It drove me to join the leading fraternity when I went to
college. Which, from the outside made it look like I was in the best
clique... but guess what, on the inside there were still cliques within
cliques and I was an outsider again.

++Lar (who enjoy's Tamy's posts and does NOT think of her as a thread killer)