 Model Team / 1467
Re: Muscle car: 4896 alternate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 13:25:13 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   In lugnet.build, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   In lugnet.build, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   Hi.

Another alternate. This time it’s from 4896 Roaring Roadsters:

SNIP

Folder (when moderated)

Holy cow, another awesome alternate! I’m blown away... yet again. I guess I’m going to need to start pestering you for building instructions and/or “exploded-view” pictures again so I can build it myself ;-)

-Paul

Thanks Paul!

No surprise to see a reaction from you. Nice to hear you like it, although I’m not completely satisfied with it myself. I think that after the almost 3 years that I worked for the LEGO company, my quality standards went up...

It looks great in the pictures. I guess the creator of a work is often its harshest critic. I’m getting the feeling from things you’ve wrote that maybe you aren’t working for LEGO anymore (?)

I guess you are right with both. As the creator I know all the flaws of the model. It’s probably not as bad as it sounds and I have to say that the pictures came out better than expected. And indeed I’m not working at LEGO anymore. A new challenge came on my path, something I just felt I had to give a try.

Snip

If it’s no trouble, I’d be interested in a high-res exploded view :-)

(but I doubt that qualifies as ‘no trouble’)

I could just try to build it from the pictures you already have up there. (although maybe one extra shot from underneath would help figure out the internals... okay, no more pestering, I’ll stop now)

Ok, ok... Just give me some time. ;-)

Nathanael