 MediaWatch / 413
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:42:51 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Jason Rowoldt writes:
To me, LEGO bricks are a hobby.  They are a really fun thing to collect and
to to build with for many of us.  I know that some of us have started
reselling LEGO bricks via Brickbay, some of us have done commissioned works
for LEGO sculptures, and some of us have made movies.  I'm one of the ones
that makes movies.

Oh, really Jason?  Are all LEGO hobbies that equal?  I sell bricks on
Brickbay, you display LEGO porn-- sorry, I don't buy it.

Equal? No. Different. I can certainly imagine some of the more privilaged of
us on Lugnet who aren't after pieces, but after the collecting part of the
hobby (or some such) who might value movies above Brickbay sales. I don't
think you have the right to insinuate that Jason is any the less for what is
displayed on his site.

If the "sole" purpose of your
site is to promote "quality film-making", then why the hell are you displaying
this type of material???!!!  Sorry to break the news to you since you seem not
to have already heard: porn *isn't* quality.

I'm sorry you feel that way-- personally I think porn CAN be quality, it
just *isn't* 99% of the time. And certainly the film in question isn't
quality IMHO. I found it needlessly obscene, boring, and mostly unhumorous.
But that's not to say that some other Lego porn flick couldn't be quality.
Again, I don't know what your definition of quality is, but it's clear that
either you're assuming too much or that your definition is askew from mine.

You moron!  What an ignorant thing to say! *Anybody* can read LUGNET!  >*Anybody* can download your trash!
Unbelievable.  What a patsy you are.
Dude, how clueless can you be?  They are talking about trying to shut down
your filth-- you have some serious disconnect going on.
Artistic integrity?  You have no integrity.
Of course it matters!  It's your site!  Take a stand, clean up your act, or
crawl back under the rock from which you came.
*You* are irresponsible.

John. I think this was uncalled for. Please-- at least try and avoid direct
insults. They don't help your case. Personally they give me a much lower
opinion of you.

Really?  Maybe there isn't.  Maybe you should do what adult sites do and
require some adult ID check before people can enter your site.  That would be
the responsible thing to do.

I agree to some extent. I'm not really sure what adult sites do other than
make you pay them to see their content, but I agree that there should be
some degree of dificulty to prevent children from easily accessing the
information in question.

DaveE